It’s double recipe week this week! I am trying something new and joining the Recipe Redux crew for their monthly recipe challenge. This month’s sheet pan dinner was a fun change of pace for me. I challenged myself even more to choose a recipe with only 5 ingredients so I could also continue to join my friends over at the Friday Five. I hope you all enjoy this easy Honey Pineapple Tofu Bowl Sheet Pan Dinner.
Honey Pineapple Tofu Bowl- Sheet Pan Dinner 5 ingredients
Looking for an easy, healthy and fabulously tasty weeknight vegetarian dinner? I’ve got you covered. I am the first to admit that prepping lots of veggies on a rushed night can be a little much. With only 5 main ingredients, this Honey Pineapple Tofu Bowl can be prepped and on your table in under 40 minutes. These 5 easy ingredients will turn into this amazing bowl of goodness.
Many of the ingredients (pineapple, green beans and peppers) can also be bought pre cut saving you a little time. The simple marinade can be made in advance as well or whisked up a la minute. If you have never baked pineapple before, you are in for a serious treat. The sweet smell of the caramelized pineapple is to die for and the flavors just pop as you roast it up. You can then use the pineapple juice to pour over the bowl for more flavor.
I used brown rice for the base of the bowl but you could easily sub that out for a quicker cooking quinoa or any grain of your choosing.
Wondering if your kids will eat this? My 17 year old son walked in from school while I was cooking and actually asked if he could have some for a snack?! No one was more surprised than I was! It smells that good and he loved it.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4 Tbl honey
- 3 Tbl soy
- 1 Tbl Siracha
- 1/2 C unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- sesame seeds-garnish
- Honey Pineapple Tofu Bowl:
- 1 15 oz block of tofu pressed and drained-cut into triangles or cubes
- 2 red/yellow/green bell peppers quartered
- 12 oz of green beans
- 2 Cups of fresh pineapple cubes
- 1 C brown rice (cook according to package) separately
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook brown rice according to package and set aside
- Whisk all ingredients for the marinade together in small bowl
- On a sheet pan:
- coat w olive oil to avoid sticking
- Add tofu and sprinkle with about 1/4 of marinade
- Bake tofu alone for 20 min
- meanwhile prepare all veggies
- After 20 min-flip tofu over
- Add all veggies & pineapple to pan
- Drizzle on remainder of marinade
- return to oven and bake 15 min
- assemble all ingredients into bowl on top of rice
- pour any remaining pan juice on top of bowl
- Garnish with sesame seeds
I will certainly be trying to think up some more 1 pan meals for you all because this Honey Pineapple Tofu Bowl could not be easier. The left overs make a great lunch the next day.