Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today! Just realized that it’s Valentine’s Day week and I am getting into the loving spirit today with these Hot Date Chocolate Valentine Brownies. These are not just any brownies, oh no, they are filled with all kinds of healthy goodness but decadent enough to let you feel like you are treating yourself. I won’t tell if you don’t.
Did you know that dates have 50% more potassium than bananas? I didn’t either! Great runner fuel and a natural replacement for sugar in baked goods.
- Dates, chocolate & almonds yes please! #ValentinesDay #heathytreats #meatlessMonday Click To Tweet
- Hot Date Chocolate Valentine Brownies
- “Hot Date” Chocolate Valentine Brownies
- Recommended Products
- Tell me-Have a hot date this Valentine’s Day? Do you cook with dates? What’s your favorite special occasion treat?
Hot Date Chocolate Valentine Brownies
I used unsweetened apple sauce as a moistening ingredient and natural sweetener as well but you won’t find any added sugar in these brownies. You won’t miss it at all. Win-Win! So what else is in my Hot Date Chocolate Valentine Brownie?
Using almond flour makes these brownies naturally gluten free. I’ve added some high quality dark chocolate because chocolate. To make these brownies even better I’ve added a few scoops of chocolate protein powder and slivered almonds. Fabulous combination trust me!
I don’t do too many dessert recipes here on the blog but when I do, I promise they are delicious and healthyish. We all need to treat ourselves every so often and Valentine’s Day week is the perfect excuse to do so. Hope you give them a try.
hot date chocolate Valentine brownies for your sweethearts this year. Sweetened with dates and no added sugar. I won't tell if you don't
- 1 C almond flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz high quality dark chocolate-chopped
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C reduced fat buttermilk
- 1/2 C chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, oil, vanilla, buttermilk until frothy
- add in applesauce
- slowly combine wet and dry ingredients
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- Pour batter into tins to make 12 brownies
- bake 15-18 minutes until middle is cooked
- Allow to cool and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tell me-Have a hot date this Valentine’s Day? Do you cook with dates? What’s your favorite special occasion treat?