Thanks for joining the new Runners’ Roundup! Every Wednesday you will find exciting new content all things running. From running tips, to workouts for runners to race recaps. We will have it all. Today, I am sharing my Core Crunching Circuit For Runners. This 5 minute 5 move core crunching routine can be done daily or tacked onto the end of any workout or run. Strong core = strong body.
- Core Crunching Circuit For Runners
- Jack Knives
- Russian Twists
- Side Planks with Knee Crunch
- [You may also like Booty Building exercises for runners]
- Bird Dog with a Knee Crunch
- Dead Bugs with Yoga Block
- runners bodies are not built on #Running alone check out this #CoreCrushing circuit Click To Tweet
- This Core Crunching Circuit For Runners offers you big bang for your buck. Perform the whole circuit once or repeat for a more intense workout. How often do you include core exercises into your running routine?
Core Crunching Circuit For Runners
This core crunching circuit can be done in just about 5 minutes. 5 moves in 5 minutes. We got this!
Sit on yoga mat or soft floor. Lean back slightly to engage core. (boat pose) so that torso and legs form a V Shape. Balance on hands beside hips. Keeping your abs engaged, extend legs out and back in with control. That’s one rep repeat 15 times.
This oblique exercise begins in the same position as above. Keep your abs engaged and rotate your torso the right and then left. Add a yoga block or light weight for an extra challenge. This move helps to build strength and balance in your core and spine. Repeat 15 times each side.
Side Planks with Knee Crunch
Hold in side plank position with top hand behind head. The bottom leg is supporting your weight. Perform a side oblique crunch with the top leg. Repeat 15 times per side.
[You may also like Booty Building exercises for runners]
Bird Dog with a Knee Crunch
Begin on all fours, keeping core engaged. Extend right foot back at the same time as you extend left arm forward. As you bring both your arm and leg in simultaneously, perform a crunch. Repeat 15 times on both sides.
Dead Bugs with Yoga Block
While lying on your back, raise your arms perpendicular to your shoulders. Place your knees and hips in a 90 degree angle. Lower left arm while extending right leg until they hover above ground. Return to starting position and repeat 15 times on each side. Optional power move: use a yoga block to increase ab engagement.