Is there really anything better than a big, warm bowl of tomato soup on a cold winter day? Why Yes, there is. A make at the last minute quick and easy Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. Even better when that cozy bowl can be made from mostly pantry ingredients that you normally have on hand. Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today.
- make at the last minute Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- Make at the last minute quick & easy Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- Nutrition Information:
- Serving Size:
- Tell me Tomato soup and grilled cheese combo yes or no?
- Coming in 2021 Meatless Monday will become Cook Well, Eat Well, Live Well to showcase even more healthy family friendly recipes.
make at the last minute Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
This Make at the last minute 5 ingredient Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup is perfect for busy days where you just have no idea what to make. Most of the ingredients are typically found right in your pantry. Vegetable broth, canned tomatoes and a jar roasted red peppers is all you need. Makes this soup “souper” easy!
A match made in heaven on a cold winter day is an extra cheese Grilled Cheese sandwich paired with a bowl of this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. Just dip your sandwich right in and enjoy. We had some extra Gruyere cheese around I have to say, it’s the best for grilled cheese. However, any cheese will do!
[You may also like Mushroom Spinach hummus Melt]
This is one of those easy soups that you can whip up in no time but tastes like it simmered forever. The whole family will love it so you may want to double it up. Extras can easily be frozen and enjoyed later.
I added some light cream into my soup at the end to make it a little more hearty and well creamy. You can easily omit it or use almond milk to make this vegan friendly. However, if you are not vegan, it adds quite a bit to the texture and heartiness. A little light cream never hurt anyone! Find more soup ideas here.
A creamy, delicious vegetarian roasted red pepper and tomato soup the whole family will love. 5 ingredients, quick and easy
- 32 oz low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 28 oz cans of whole or diced roasted tomatoes
- 14 oz jar of roasted red peppers (or 2 large red peppers roasted)
- handful of fresh basil and thyme
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 C light cream (optional)
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- suggested toppings: shredded Parm cheese, grilled cheese, swirl of pesto
- Add canned tomatoes and red peppers to blender and puree until smooth
- Transfer to large stock pot add:
- vegetable broth, fresh herbs and spices
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer
- Simmer at least 45 min
- Swirl in light cream right before serving if desired
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Tell me Tomato soup and grilled cheese combo yes or no?
Coming in 2021 Meatless Monday will become Cook Well, Eat Well, Live Well to showcase even more healthy family friendly recipes.