This past summer, I ran my first Race for the Cure and was so moved by all of the strong, courageous people I met that day.
When I was asked by Skecher’s to review a pair of their GoWalk Flash 2 shoes as part of their effort raise awareness for Breast Cancer Research, I jumped at the chance to do my part to raise awareness and funds. (Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Skecher’s however all opinions are my own).
I didn’t have any shoes specifically designed for walking so I was eager to give the Skecher’s Go Walk Flash a try. I popped them on for the first time as recovery after a ten miler race. I was immediately surprised by the cushioning. They felt like supportive slippers with lots of room in the toe box. They have approx 1/4 inch pink squishy lining that is heavenly to tired feet. I’ve been wearing them post run and have been happy with the results. They have much more cushioning than a traditional running shoe and are great for everyday walking around recovery, and running errands. I will definitely be keeping these in my rotation. Bonus: I love the pink and grey color combo with the pink ribbon the back heel.
Skechers GOwalk 2 Flash – Awareness ($69)
Designed with innovative Skechers Performance Division technologies and materials, they are built from top to bottom specifically for walking. Goga Mat Technology comfort insole. Breast Cancer Awareness edition.
• V-Stride technology features unique angled outsole that complements a natural walking gait and promotes fluid stride transitions
• Structured breathable mesh at front for cooling comfort
• Engineered Stability Mesh side panels provide lateral support
• Go sockless – Integrated OrthoLite® anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage
• Goga Mat Technology cushioned comfort insole
• Resalyte™ Midsole proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
• Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive walking experience
• A multi-directional traction motif helps enhance footing control
In an effort to support The American Cancer Society’s battle against Breast Cancer, Skecher’s Performance Division has created a partnership to raise funds and increase awareness. By purchasing shoes or apparel from their “Awareness” line, you can help raise money for Breast Cancer Research and treatment.
In addition to the “Awareness” footwear and apparel line, Skechers Performance Division is supporting American Cancer Society in several ways:
1. Skechers Performance Division is offering a donation to American Cancer Society from items in their “Awareness” line
2. Skechers is launching a register round-up program in Skechers Retail stores where customers can round up their purchase to the nearest whole dollar to benefit American Cancer Society for the entire month of October. When consumers donate $5 or more, they will also receive a 20% off discount for their next visit.
3. Skechers Retail stores are offering a gift with purchase for customers who purchase a pair of limited-edition Awareness shoes. The gift with purchase will be either a breast cancer awareness canvas tote back or a pink water bottle.
We all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I always take this as a reminder to think about the “Steps” I can take to live healthier life and remind the women in my family to schedule their yearly mammogram appointment. We all get busy and put off making that appointment but early detection is the key.
I take “Steps” by eating a healthy diet, regular exercise and keeping up with my yearly exams and self-exams. I take “steps” to model a healthy life style for my children and family.
What “Steps” do you take? Have you tried Skecher’s lately?