If there is an aroma that elicits happy family memories, it’s my Grandma’s Coffee Cake recipe. We have enjoyed it on every major holiday that I can remember. My kids now love it too. This is not the coffee cake recipe (but you can find it here). These High Protein Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles come pretty darn close to giving me those same comfort food vibes. However, they are not a dessert but are a healthy breakfast, brunch, or even dinner idea. You need to make them ASAP. Trust me.
- High Protein Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles
- So what makes these Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles high protein?
- What gives them that coffee cake taste?
- Can these be made in advance?
- Can they be made into pancakes?
- What toppings are good to pair with them?
- Hungry for more Healthyish Brunch ideas?
- Easy, versatile, healthy, and high protein. These Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles are perfect for any day and special enough for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Whichever day you decide to enjoy them, I suggest you make them ASAP. Let me know how it goes and how you topped them!
- You Need These High Protein Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles ASAP
High Protein Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles
So what makes these Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles high protein?
I started out with Kodiak Cakes protein pancakes mix. (This is not a sponsored post. I have been eating and enjoying them for years). To the mix, I add: skim milk, eggs, and vanilla protein powder. Yes, you can use almond milk but that may alter the protein amount. I use the whole egg because they bind better. My go to protein powder for cooking is Nuzest Vanilla. I like the way it seamlessly absorbs into recipes without leaving a chalky taste. Again, feel free to sub in your favorite protein powder. (This post contains affiliate links)
What gives them that coffee cake taste?
Cinnamon Coffee Cake is all about the cozy hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. So of course, those are in here. I went one step further and mixed in some instant espresso into the batter. Oh, yes I did! It’s subtle but adds a nice little flavor burst your breakfast.
Can these be made in advance?
Yes! I made a few batches and froze them into portion sizes. When you are ready to enjoy them, just toast them on a low setting until warmed through.
Can they be made into pancakes?
I used this inexpensive Belgian Waffle maker for this recipe but yes, the same batter will work for pancakes as well.
What toppings are good to pair with them?
Of course, the traditional maple syrup is always good. A smear of peanut butter with bananas would be extra delish as well. Any berries with a little Vanilla Greek Yogurt would also be yummy.
Hungry for more Healthyish Brunch ideas?
Easy, versatile, healthy, and high protein. These Cinnamon Coffee Cake Waffles are perfect for any day and special enough for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Whichever day you decide to enjoy them, I suggest you make them ASAP. Let me know how it goes and how you topped them!
The best high protein, cinnamon coffee cake waffles. Easy, only 7 ingredients, family friendly, make ahead and enjoy any day
- 1 Cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake mix
- 25 g Nuzest vanilla protein powder (or any brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 C skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- Whisk all ingredients in medium mixing bowl
- heat waffle iron and spray with non stick cooking spray
- pour half of the batter into each batch
- cook for about 2 min or until golden brown
- serve with desired toppings
Recipe can be doubled to make more servings. Each serving size is 4 waffles in a 4 waffle Belgian waffle size. Can also be made into pancakes