I first discovered RunBet almost 2 years ago. In that time, I’ve now done too many challenges to count. What is Runbet? Why do I keep participating in the challenges? I am going to tell you how RunBet keeps you motivated to move more.
- What is RunBet and how does it work?
- What’s the bet part?
- How do I play?
- Keeping score
- Runbet? you bet! Motivation to keep #running through 2021 and get paid to do it #RunBet is a #winning bet Click To Tweet
- Overall thoughts on RunBet
- I am hosting my own RunBet game starting November 2 won’t you join me? Find the Stay Fit For Fall challenge here. Hope to see you on the gameboard.
- Have you tried RunBet or StepBet? What was your experience?
What is RunBet and how does it work?
RunBet is basically an app based game (free app) that encourages you to run (or walk) consistently. Each game has it’s own rules on how many runs per week are required and for how long (ie. 30 min). You can choose a game that fits your current lifestyle or fitness level. Games start each week and vary in length from four to six to 8 weeks.
My game required 4 runs per week with a 30 minute or more duration at under an 18 minute per mile pace for 4 weeks. Because I normally run 3 days per week, I would be walking the 4th run. As long as my walk was under an 18 minute mile it would count.
What’s the bet part?
At the start of each game, each player has to “bet” a set amount of money on themselves to play. My game had a $30 bet. As long as you complete the required number of runs per week, you get all of your money back. Simple as that! If someone else in your game drops out, their original fee is split between the remaining players. Getting outside daily for a run or a walk has been key to my mental health lately. Runbet motivates me to do just that.
How do I play?
- First, visit Runbet on a laptop/computer to create an account.
- Download the RunBet app and find a game that fits your schedule and frequency of runs and or walks.
- Bet on yourself to achieve the given number of runs required each week.
- Run on a treadmill or outdoors (runs must sync from Garmin, Strava or Runkeeper directly to RunBet to count).
- Hit all your goals in the required amount of time and you win your own money back.
Once your game starts, you will see a game board with all of the current players. You can see how many runs the others have done and where you fall in the game. It does not matter how many miles you run or how fast you run. It’s not about pace or distance only meeting the required number of runs.
Overall thoughts on RunBet
Participating in RunBet challenges motivates me to head out for that extra run or walk weekly. Moving more is something that has helped me get through the past few months of social distancing and daily stress. There are days where I could have very easily clicked on Netflix and chilled. Instead, knowing that I was in a Runbet game competing only against myself, gave me that extra push I needed to lace up.
I am hosting my own RunBet game starting November 2 won’t you join me? Find the Stay Fit For Fall challenge here. Hope to see you on the gameboard.
Have you tried RunBet or StepBet? What was your experience?