Spring is the season of the hard boiled eggs! Admittedly, it can be a challenge to have your eggs come out just the way you’d like. Have you ever had trouble getting the shell off without destroying the egg? Confused about just how long to cook them? Wonder no more! I am sharing my 5 easy steps to the perfect hard boiled eggs.
- 5 Steps To The Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cover your eggs with water & add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Bring to a boil
- Cover and remove from heat for 13 minutes
- Add ice to cover and chill
- Peel and eat
- What’s your favorite way to enjoy hard boiled eggs? Plain or do you stuff them?
- 5 steps To The Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs-Healthy Snacks Made Easy
5 Steps To The Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Cover your eggs with water & add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda
This is the secret that no one knows about! The baking soda has a chemical reaction which helps the shell come off easily and smoothly. Who knew right?
Bring to a boil
Cover and remove from heat for 13 minutes
With my thoroughly unscientific testing, I have found 13 minutes to be the perfect amount of time for extra large or jumbo eggs.
Add ice to cover and chill
It is important to allow the eggs to cool so that they are easier to peel. They should feel cold so you may need to add ice twice if it all melts.
Peel and eat
Tap eggs on counter to crack shell. Eggs will be easy to peel and smooth of shells. I like to peel them under running water.
Follow the above steps and you will have the perfect hard boiled eggs! Eggs are one of my favorite protein sources and afternoon snacks. I frequently fill them with all kinds of flavored hummus. Check out my hummus ideas here.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy hard boiled eggs? Plain or do you stuff them?
5 steps to the perfect hard boiled eggs
- one dozen eggs
- baking soda
- ice cubes
- cold water
- add eggs to large stock pot
- cover with water
- add 1-2 tsp of baking soda
- bring to a boil
- cover and remove from heat for exactly 13 min
- drain water
- add ice
- allow to cool completely
- simply peel and enjoy
make the perfect hard boil eggs step by step