Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. You may have seen me hint at this new fantastic Coffee + Date Zucchini Bread the other day in my Ultimate Coffee Date Linkup. Yup I made an actual Coffee + Date Zucchini Bread. Let me tell you it was fantastic and I cannot wait to share the recipe with you. This post is sponsored by Bard Valley Natural Delights. All opinions and recipes are my own.
When my friend, Gail, gave me another batch of her home grown zucchini I knew I need to make something epic with it. I love a little afternoon coffee and me time with a little get me through the rest of day snack. I mean who doesn’t? Then I got the genius idea to add espresso to the actual snack as well. You could certainly omit the coffee if sharing this snack with your kiddos. You might just want to keep it all for yourself though. Just saying.
Because Medjool Dates here are a naturally sweet fruit, there really is no need to add any white sugar at all. Medjool Dates are also full of potassium which makes them a great post workout snack. In fact, they have more potassium than bananas. You can find out more about Medjool Dates here. I packed this Coffee + Date Zucchini bread full of some of my favorite things: coffee, dates, a few chocolate chips and freshly picked zucchini. Doesn’t get better than that does it?
I have really been enjoying finding new ways to cook with seasonal produce and this Coffee + Date Zucchini Bread does the trick. You can easily make this gluten free by using a flour that works for your needs. There is no dairy so if you need to use an egg replacement that would make this snack vegan as well.
use up your summer zucchini in this tasty no sugar added espresso date zucchini bread
- 6 Pitted Medjool Dates-finely chopped
- 2 C shredded zucchini
- 1/4 C Veg oil
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbl Espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C flour of your choice
- 1/3 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray loaf pan w cooking spray
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients & set aside:
- flour, dates, espresso, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl combine:
- Zucchini, veg oil, eggs, honey, vanilla
- Slowly add in wet ingredients and combine
- Pour into loaf pan
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- Bake for ~45 min until center is firm and set