Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. So I did something I swore I would never do! I baked something with pumpkin it before October. I just couldn’t help it because these Oatmeal Pumpkin Trail Mix Muffins are too delicious not to share with you all asap.
Oatmeal Pumpkin Trail Mix Muffins
Instead of white flour, I ground up some oatmeal and flax as the base. These Oatmeal Pumpkin Trail Mix Muffins are naturally gluten free. About that trail mix? I love to make my own mix of nuts (peanuts, walnuts, almonds), dried cranberry, chocolate chips, and seeds to snack on. I figured why not take that snack idea and add into right into a muffin? Add in a little pureed pumpkin for taste and moisture and these little bites are pretty irresistible.
Any mix of your favorite nuts and sees will work for the the trail mix. Peanuts, walnuts, cashews and pumpkin seeds are all great choices. Mini chocolate chips and dried fruits add a nice bit of natural sweetness. I have omitted any white sugar from these Muffins and used a bit of pure maple syrup as the only sweetener.
A versatile snack that is perfect for pre or post workout nutrition or an afternoon treat with coffee. Treat yourself to these addictively good Oatmeal Pumpkin Trail Mix Muffins. Make some today and freeze the rest for later. Tell me, what are your favorite trail mix ingredients? Have you started baking with pumpkin yet this year? Do you love a good muffin pre or post workout?
everything you love about trail mix in a yummy pumpkin oatmeal muffin. Healthy, easy and delicious
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 C flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 C pumpkin pureé
- 1/4 C milk of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Cup of trail mix (peanuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, choc chips, cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor-pulse oatmeal and flax into a flour consistency
- set aside
- In a large mixing bowl add:
- maple syrup, vanilla & pumpkin and whisk
- add eggs and whisk
- Add milk and bananas stir
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt & combine
- Fold in trail mix
- spray muffin tin w cooking spray
- add about 1/4 C of batter to each muffin
- bake aprrox 25 min until middle is set
- cool and enjoy
- Can freeze for future enjoyment