Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. Just when you think you can’t possibly have enough muffins recipes, I am here to tell you that you don’t want to miss this one. These Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Muffins are full of all the good stuff without any added white sugar or white flour. They are my new favorite!
Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Muffins
I knew I wanted to make a “healthier” muffin and get rid of the white flour and white sugar without sacrificing taste. After some trial and error with oatmeal, I discovered that I could pulse it into a flour with some flax seeds. It worked perfectly and my muffins were now gluten free as well.
The flax seeds and the walnuts offer a nice boost of healthy Omegas. I cut the sweetener down to just a 1/3 Cup of pure maple syrup for the entire 12 muffins. Ripe bananas and canned pumpkin offer up enough natural sweetener. Chocolate chips are optional but I’d go for it.
These Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Muffins can easily be individually wrapped and frozen for later use. They make a fabulous post workout snack or light breakfast. I am also a fan of enjoying them with my afternoon coffee. You may also like Espresso Blueberry Oatmeal bites.
Prep time is a quick 10 minutes and these muffins are ready for the oven. I bet you even have most if not all of the ingredients on hand. I am all about baking with real ingredients that I can feel good about putting into my body. Hope these Oatmeal Banana Pumpkin Muffins sound good to you too!
- 2 Cups of old fashioned Oats
- 1/4 C flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup
- 2 bananas- mashed
- 1 C pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips (optional)
- preheat oven to 350 degress
- In food processor-pulse oatmeal and flax until a flour consistency
- set aside
- In mixing bowl combine:
- maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin
- Add in eggs & mix
- Add milk and bananas combine
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice, salt combine
- Slowly fold in oatmeal/flax and walnuts
- Stir in choc chips if desired
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
- evenly divide between muffins
- Bake 20-25 min until toothpick comes out clean