Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MorningStarFarms #CollectiveBias #VeggieNewYear
Veggie Sausage, mushroom & oatmeal breakfast quiche
I am so excited to share this delicious Veggie Sausage, mushroom & oatmeal breakfast quiche with you all that I could not wait until Meatless Monday. Lots of you have mentioned that you are interested in incorporating more meatless meals into your life this year. Breakfast is a perfect place to start.
I’ve been eating MorningStar Farms® breakfast sausages for years now as part of my healthy lifestyle to help add more protein to my diet. While I often use meatless Sausage Patties in recipes like this Veggie sausage, mushroom & oatmeal breakfast quiche, I also find them delicious on their own as an afternoon snack. You can find MorningStar Farms® Value pack in the freezer isle at your local Walmart. Click on the photo below to purchase online or find them here.
Ready to fuel your day with plant based protein, mushrooms, kale and oatmeal? MorningStar Farms® Breakfast patties have 81% less fat than cooked pork sausage and 70 calories per serving. Pairing oatmeal, veggies and MorningStar Farms® sausage patties in one satisfying breakfast will keep you full all morning. You will be fed, happy and ready to take on whatever your day has on tap.
Easy to meal prep in advance and eat all week, this Veggie sausage, mushroom & oatmeal breakfast quiche is a win in my book. While I have used kale, mushrooms and red peppers, feel free to sub in any of your favorite veggies. Anything goes! Zucchini, squash or spinach would also work really well. Don’t forget the Gruyere cheese-a little goes a long way for flavor.
- 3 MorningStarFarms Veggie sausage patties (defrosted and diced)
- 2 Cups of Kale finely chopped
- 1 Cup of baby Bella mushrooms -diced
- 3/4 C shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a quiche dish with non stick spray
- In a large bowl combine oats, eggs, broth, baking powder, mustard & seasons
- Mix to combine
- stir in mushrooms and kale (uncooked)
- add in MorningStarFarms Veggie Sausages
- Pour mixture in pan
- sprinkle on cheese
- bake for 35-40 min until set
- serve warm or room temp
Start your day off strong with a hearty, healthy breakfast option. Hope you enjoy this bonus recipe.