Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. Now that the weather is cooling off and long runs are getting longer, I’ve been craving some heartier meals. My favorite heartier meals usually involve some sort of pasta. I am a runner after all! Sometimes you just need a big bowl of pasta and this Easy Eggplant Pasta Al Forno does the trick.
Easy Eggplant Pasta Al Forno
Simple enough for a weeknight meal and fancy enough for a weekend dinner. This Easy Eggplant Pasta Al Forno is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your table any night of the week. What makes this recipe so easy? No need to make a homemade sauce. Use your favorite jarred sauce and save tons of time. When I don’t have time to make my own sauce, I use Rao’s.
While your pasta is cooking, simply slice and roast your eggplant. Combine your al dente pasta, the roasted eggplant, and your tomato sauce in a large skillet. Stir in some mozzarella cheese because everything is better with cheese right? Place your skillet under the broiler for 5 minutes until the cheese gets all melty and browns up.
It’s super easy to customize this Eggplant Pasta Al Forno to meet the tastes of your family. Some great add ins would be spinach, mushrooms or peppers. If you like a little protein, throw that in too. Anything goes with pasta bakes.
- Box of ziti (or your favorite pasta shape)
- large eggplant-sliced into bite sized pieces
- 32 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 8 oz of shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook pasta according to package to al dente
- Meanwhile, arrange eggplant on a baking sheet
- drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- bake for 15 min
- In a large skillet, warm tomato sauce
- add in eggplant and pasta to combine
- sprinkle on cheese
- place under broiler for 5-10 min until browned
Carbs get a bad wrap sometimes but they are kind of my soulmate. Ha ha. Who else is craving cozier meals now that it’s a little chillier out? What’s your favorite way to eat pasta?