Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. In my never ending quest to add more quality plant based protein into my diet, I’ve combined so much goodness into this Chopped Thai Tempeh Edamame Salad that you will not be able to get enough. Add in the Peanut Curry Dressing and this will become your new favorite salad.
Chopped Thai Tempeh Edamame Salad with Peanut Curry Dressing
I love a good chopped salad! Something about all of that shredded crunchy goodness leaves me feeling fueled and satisfied with my meal. I also love a salad with lots of different textures and shapes. This Chopped Thai Tempeh Edamame Salad with Peanut Curry Dressing fits the bill.
About that tempeh…Don’t be afraid to try something new. Made from soybeans and brown rice, tempeh packs a whopping 16 grams of protein for a 3 ounce serving with 6 grams of fiber and no cholesterol. Those are important nutritional highlights for me. But I did not stop there, I’ve also added in chick peas and edamame for even more protein and healthy carbs. This Chopped Thai Tempeh Edamame Salad with Peanut Curry Dressing is going to fill you up.
Of course, I totally understand that all of my readers are not vegetarians, so I won’t be offended if you swap out the tempeh for another protein. I would imagine that shrimp or chicken would pair nicely with the other ingredients here. Did I mention I threw on some cashews for extra crunch?
About that dressing…I’ve been making spicy peanut dressing for years but I’ve switched this up a bit. This time, I used a little curry powder mixed into the peanut butter and wowza yum. The curry and peanut flavors pair so well together. You have to try it! Thinking it would also be a great marinade for stir fry meals as well.
- Dressing ingredients:
- 3 tbl peanut butter
- 1/3 C water
- 2 Tbl Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbl rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped ginger paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp of red cayenne pepper and turmeric
- dash of salt & pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- Salad ingredients:
- 2-3 Cups of shredded red cabbage
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 15 oz can of chick peas-rinsed and drained
- handful cilantro-chopped
- 1 C edamame
- 1 package of Tempeh (9-10 oz) sliced into strips
- 1/2 C whole unsalted cashews
- add olive oil to medium sized skillet at med/high heat
- cook each piece of tempeh for 3m on each side-set aside
- add all salad ingredients into a large bowl to combine
- whisk together all dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad when ready to serve
- add on tempeh
- garnish with cilantro and cashews
Have I convinced you yet that this Chopped Thai Tempeh Salad with Peanut Curry Dressing is going to be your new favorite salad?