Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. Now that everyone is back at school and perhaps back on track with more cooking and family meals, it’s the perfect time to try out some new healthy recipes. When I whisked up those Pizza Pesto Egg Muffins last week, I realized how much I really loved pesto. I figured, why not keep up the streak? This week I am sharing my Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto Burgers with you all.
Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto Burgers
Making your own veggie burgers is so much easier than you may have imagined. It’s a great way to incorporate your favorite flavors while at the same time, knowing exactly what is in your burger. No fillers, just real ingredients that you probably have right in your pantry. These Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto burgers are so tasty that you may even be able to convince the whole family to taste them.
There are just a few ingredients in these Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto burgers and they can be whipped up in no time. White beans, quinoa, Panko breadcrumbs and a dash of seasoning are the base for these burgers. A dollop of your favorite tomato sauce and pesto top them off. If you are feeling saucy (see what I did there?) add some mozzarella on top. If not, they are vegan friendly.
While burgers are always delicious the traditional way on a bun, I also enjoy them topped onto a big bowl of greens. The Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto Burgers are pretty darn good on their own as well. I might have also eaten one for breakfast last week.
I am always looking for fun ways to mix up my burgers and find new flavor combinations. Hope you enjoy these Quinoa White Bean Pizza Pesto Burgers.
- 2 Cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can of white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C tomato sauce
- 3 tbs Pesto sauce
- dash of oregano, salt, pepper and basil
- optional shredded mozzarella to top
- add beans to mixing bowl and mash with a fork leaving some chunks for texture
- Add in quinoa, bread crumbs and spices and 2 Tbl of pesto
- mix to combine
- Form into 6 equal patties
- heat large skillet with olive oil to med high
- cook each patty until browned on both sides
- When ready to serve add a dollop of sauce, pesto and cheese if desired
- Place under broiler to melt cheese and serve
- Can be frozen for meal prep