Happy Labor Day! Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. This week it’s all about Back to School breakfast over here. I am always looking for new ways to enjoy my eggs and these Pesto Pizza Egg Muffins are a new fave of mine.
Pesto Pizza Egg Muffins
Of course there are endless ways to mix up your egg muffins. You can basically add anything into them and they are delicious. These protein packed bites of goodness will fill up the tummies of you and your family as you send them out the door to school. And everyone loves pizza!
Pesto Pizza Egg Muffins call for all the flavors of actual pizza. They are packed with tomato sauce, Parmesan Cheese, mozzarella, Pesto and oregano. If you are feeling saucy (see what I did there?) add in some red pepper flakes.Perfect to make ahead and eat all week for breakfast (if they last that long).
Looking for more back to school breakfast ideas? You may like some of these:
- 6 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbl Pesto sauce
- 1/3 C tomato sauce
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella
- dash of pepper, salt, oregano, red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray a muffin tin w cooking spray
- In a large bowl whisk together:
- eggs and milk
- add in spices and parmesan cheese and whisk
- Evenly distribute between 6 muffin cups (to make 12 double entire recipe)
- Bake for 15 min and remove from oven
- Add a dollop of tomato sauce, a dollop of pesto and a sprinkle of mozzarella to each muffin
- Return to oven and bake another 15 m until eggs are set
These Pesto Pizza Egg Muffins were so delish that my husband even had a few. I have been a little obsessed with Pesto all of the sudden so don’t be surprised if you see another pesto recipe next week. Tell me-What are your favorite ways to make egg muffins? What are your back to school breakfast go to’s?