Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. I know we are still a few weeks away from Cinco De Mayo but seriously I could eat Mexican inspired foods all the time. Oh wait, I do eat Mexican inspired foods all the time. I took one of my favorite protein packed meals and turned it into an easy any day of the week treat. These Easy Muffin Pan Huevos Rancheros are seriously delish. I am excited to share them with you today.
Easy Muffin Pan Huevos Rancheros
I love a tasty, cheesy, spicy egg rich Huevos Rancheros as a breakfast or brunch treat. But, often it takes a lot of time to whip up and sometimes I am just not that motivated. Ordering it out at a restaurant feels a little too decadent. I’ve come up with a healthy and easy way to have my eggs and eat them too. 🙂 This Easy Muffin Pan Heuvos Rancheros will change the way you do breakfast.
Each serving has one corn tortilla, one whole egg, a little cheese, black beans and diced green peppers. You can make as many or as few as you wish for the same effort. In under 20 minutes you have a healthy, delicious and protein packed meal. I had them for lunch after a workout and they were just perfect to refuel with. Trust me these Muffin Pan Huevos Rancheros are a must make.
I like to use a silicone muffin pan for easy removal and for easy clean up of these Muffin Pan Huevos Rancheros. You can find one here. Corn tortillas are readily available at any grocery store. The 6 inch size works well and are gluten free. You can load them up with any veggies, beans or added protein you like. Just don’t forget the salsa!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/4 C shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 C black beans
- 1 green pepper-diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, jalpeno
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray a muffin pan w cooking spray
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl w salt & pepper
- Spray each tortilla w cooking spray
- Carefully place each one into a muffin tin slot one at a time
- Add in peppers, and black beans and cheese
- Slowly pour egg mixture on top
- Repeat process for each one
- Bake for 15 min or until set
- Carefully remove from muffin tin and top with desired toppings
What’s your order at a restaurant breakfast? Huevos Rancheros fan?