Tis the season for food, friends and family dinners. At our home, cooking together is often a family affair and a fun way to connect with each other. When we are planning cozy, family dinners, everyone always votes for some sort of pasta meal. Because really is there anything better than pasta oozing with melted cheese and a fabulous marinara sauce? Exactly! That’s why I am sharing my Cheesy Baked Ziti Stuffed Eggplant recipe with you today. Thanks to Barilla and Galbani for sponsoring this post. All opinions, recipes and love of pasta are my own.
Cheesy Baked Ziti Stuffed Eggplant
Of course every great pasta dish starts with an al dente cooked pasta. Barilla has been my choice of pasta forever and offers numerous shapes and styles to fit any recipe or hungry family. Pair that with one of their delicious Red Sauces (Marinara or Traditional) and of course some Galbani cheese and you are on your way to a crowd pleasing meal.
Galbani Ricotta cheese is smooth and creamy and melts right into this Cheesy Baked Ziti Stuffed Eggplant. But I did not stop there oh no, I have also added some Galbani Mozzarella because you just can’t have enough cheese. I found all the ingredients I needed for this meal at my local Walmart. Feel free to take advantage of this rebate offer as well.
Not only is this Cheesy Baked Ziti Stuffed Eggplant going to make your family and friends very happy and full, it is also very easy to prepare. With only 5 major ingredients (Barilla Pasta, Barilla Marinara, Eggplant, Galbani Ricotta cheese and Mozzarella), it’s a breeze to get on the table during the busy holiday season.
- 1 box Barilla wavy cut Ziti
- 1 jar of Barilla Marinara (or Traditional)
- 2 large eggplants
- 8 oz Galbani Mozzarella cheese (shredded or cubed)
- 1 C Galbani Part skim Ricotta Cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare Barilla Ziti according to package (al dente) and drain
- Meanwhile slice eggplant lengthwise, scoop out eggplant from center set aside
- Place eggplant boats on a baking sheet (lined w foil) w a little olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and bake 20 min
- While eggplant boats are baking, heat a skillet to med high w olive oil
- Saute eggplant pieces for 10 min transfer to large mixing bowl
- Add cooked ziti, Marinara sauce, ricotta and Mozzarella into bowl w eggplant
- sprinkle on salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper to taste
- Scoop mixture into each eggplant boat and bake 20 min
- Brown top under broiler and serve
Whether you’re bringing a dish to holiday party or simply gathering with friends and family this Holiday Season, treat them to a Pasta meal that will fill their bellies with love. The love of Pasta and Cheese. This Cheesy Baked Ziti Stuffed Eggplant does not disappoint. Happy Holiday cooking and eating friends!