Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. While I am certainly in vacation mode this week, I could not let the summer end without sharing one of my new veggie burger creations with you. These flavorful and healthy Spicy Cauliflower and White Bean Veggie Burgers are just the thing for your end of summer BBQ’s.
Roasted spicy cauliflower is the base of these burgers with a little white bean puree to up the plant based protein. I’ve added some carrots and fresh parsley for a little color and there you have it. Each batch makes about 6 spicy cauliflower and white bean veggie burgers so you wrap them up and enjoy all week or freeze them for later use.
This recipe can easily be made Gluten Free by swapping out the bread crumbs for a GF version. I normally use the Panko bread crumbs as I feel they crisp up the outside of the burger in a yummy way. Burgers don’t always have to be eaten in a bun either. I love to top my big salads with left over veggie burgers for a filling lunch or dinner.
The easiest way to make uniform veggie burgers, is to use these metal burger rings. It’s easy to pack the ingredients in and shape them perfectly. I use these rings for all kinds of things. This set has several sizes so you can customize your burgers.
I topped these Spicy Cauliflower White Bean burgers with a little spicy slaw and a dab of chipotle mayo. Perfect combo for a summer BBQ. They would also be great with the traditional ketchup, mustard or relish. However you like them works! I think they are flavorful fenough or vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Check out some of my other veggie burger recipes here.
- 1 head of cauliflower-cut into bite sized bite sized pieces
- 1 15 oz can of white beans drained
- 1 large carrot peeled
- 1 Cup of Panko bread crumbs or GF sub
- handful of fresh parsley
- 3 tbl siracha powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- salt, pepper, oregano, basil to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet w foil and sprinkle w olive oil
- place cauliflower chunks and carrots on sheet
- sprinkle with siracha powder and salt
- Bake for 15 min
- In a food processor
- pulse jalapeno, onion
- Add cauliflower and carrot and parsley and pulse
- Add white beans to combine
- sprinkle in spices and transfer to a mixing bowl
- fold in Panko to combine
- Form into burgers packing tightly into burger molds
- coat skillet with olive oil and heat to med high
- Cook each burger until crispy and browned about 5 min on each side
- Serve with your favorite toppings