Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. I could not let summer and all it’s fantastic veggies go by without one more salad. I knew I wanted to combine all of the summer goodness into one delicious salad and, if I say so myself, I think I’ve done it with this Summer Bounty Pearled Cous Cous Salad with Cilantro Jalapeno Dressing.
Summer Bounty Pearled Cous Cous Salad with Cilantro Jalapeno Dressing
I was looking to create something light and summery using my favorite summer veggies. The zucchini, squash, corn and tomatoes are all so fresh and delicious these days. You really can’t go wrong with combining them all into one yummy and satisfying salad.
I’ve use Pearled Cous Cous, sometimes called Israeli Cous Cous, to turn this salad into a more hearty meal. Adding Chick Peas bumps up the protein to make it a complete vegetarian lunch or dinner. Pearled Cous Cous should be available at your regular grocery store but you can also find it here on Amazon.
This Cilantro Jalapeno dressing is one of my all time favorites and seems to go with everything summer. It’s so simple to blend up with fresh cilantro and jalapeno, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Adjust the spiciness by using one or two jalapenos. If you can make it in advance it’s even better as the flavors will really blend.
I had left over corn on the cob from the night before and I just cut it off the cob with a sharp knife. The zucchini and squash are raw for this salad which gives it a nice little crunch. I used Campari or cocktail tomatoes but any type can be used. They are all so juicy and flavorful this month.
Who wants to come over for lunch? What’s your favorite way to use up all of your summer veggies?
- 1 Cup dry Pearled Cous Cous
- 1 pint cherry or Campari tomatoes (quartered)
- Corn from 2 fresh cobs
- bunch of fresh cilantro, salt and pepper
- 1 15 oz can of Chick Peas-rinsed & drained
- 1 squash or zucchini thinly sliced
- 1-2 jalapenos
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- splash of balsamic
- juice of one lime
- Cook Cous Cous according to package and let cool
- Fluff with fork if needed
- Add in:
- tomatoes, corn, cilantro, chick peas and squash
- For Dressing:
- In a blender combine all dressing ingredients and puree
- Drizzle atop and serve at room temp or chilled