Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. I am really excited to share this Raw Pad Thai Salad recipe with you all. Last month, while in Aruba, I had a similar salad and knew I had to try to recreate it. I had never eaten Kelp noodles before and I was really intrigued by the idea of them.
Let’s take a look at Kelp Noodles for a minute. They are literally made of kelp that’s it! Kelp noodles are low in sodium, have no cholesterol or carbs. I’ve found them to be a great substitute for noodles in salads, stir fry dishes and soups. Kelp noodles are meant to be eaten raw so no cooking is necessary. I expected a salty, seaweed type of taste but nope nothing. Kelp noodles have crunchy texture I would say is similar to a bean sprout. They were just perfect for the Raw Pad Thai. I am loving them so much that I will be giving away a 3 pack to one of you. Giveaway at bottom. Can’t wait? You can find them right on Amazon.
There is something about eating raw food that just feels healthy and cleansing to me. This can be a little trickier in the wintertime but I’ve got you covered with this delicious Raw Pad Thai salad with kelp noodles.
Oh yes, I’ve also top this huge bowl of veggie deliciousness with a spicy peanut dressing. I’ve been eating this for the last 3 days and I just can’t get enough.
Raw Pad Thai Salad with Kelp Noodles
- 1 12 oz package of Kelp Noodles (rinsed & drained)
- 1 C edamame
- 4 C shredded purple cabbage
- 2 C shredded carrots
- 1 yellow & 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 package of bean sprouts
- 1 cucumber (spiralized or cut into thin strips)
- handful of fresh cilantro & mint chopped
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- Spicy Peanut dressing:
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 4 Tbl rice vinegar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 Tbl siracha
- 1 Tbl chopped garlic
- 1 Tbl chopped ginger
- Splash of ponzu or low sodium soy
- Whisk all ingredients in peanut dressing until smooth and set aside. Add more water to achieve desired consistency.
- Rinse and drain Kelp Noodles and separate them
- Add to large mixing bowl
- Add in remaining vegetables and herbs
- When ready to serve add dressing and mix to combine
- Garnish with peanuts and enjoy
Kelp noodles might sound a little frightening so I am giving 2 of you a pack to try out for yourself. This is not a sponsored post at all. I just want to share the love. Enter the rafflecopter for a chance to win. Thanks!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tell me: Have you ever had Kelp noodles? Do you like to go raw?