Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today! I don’t about you, but I feel like the summer weeks just keep flying by. It continues to be quite hot and humid around here and I continue to crave lighter, easier meals that require less cooking. The fruit has been so amazing the past few weeks that I can’t seem to get enough of it. Today I am sharing one of my new faves Pineapple Cantaloupe Carpaccio.
This Pineapple Cantaloupe Carpaccio is so simple but oh so delcious. It’s perfect for a snack, dessert and would make a great party dish. Fruit right now is so sweet and juicy that it doesn’t need much.
I’ve sliced the pineapple and the cantaloupe very thin and layered it. It’s then sprinkled with a little fresh mint & pomegranate seeds. Finally I drizzles a touch of honey and a splash of a cherry flavored balsamic vinegar. Oh so delicious!
Not only is Pineapple delicious it is chock full of potassium and vitamin C so makes the perfect post workout snack. Cantaloupe is also loaded with potassium and vitamin C in addition to folate. So eat up and feel good about the foods you put into your body.
Pineapple Cantaloupe Carpaccio
- 1 pineapple- sliced very thinly
- 1 cantaloupe-seeded and sliced thin
- 1/3 C of pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbl fresh mint-chopped
- 2 Tbl good quality 100% honey
- 1/4 C cherry balsamic or similar substitute
- slice pineapple and melon super thin and alternate on a large plate
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and mint
- Drizzle with honey and balsamic
Which fruits are you loving these days? Carpaccio doesn’t have to have meat does it?