Happy Meatless Monday friends! Thanks for joining me and Sarah today to check out all of the veggie goodness. One of the best parts of summertime, to me, is grilling all the wonderful vegetables that are in season. I find grilling gives them such a unique taste that you don’t get when preparing veggies inside. I was looking for an alternative to my black bean burgers and came up with these tasty Eggplant & White Bean Burgers that I hope you will love as much as I did.
Eggplant & White Bean Burgers
The best thing about this Eggplant & White Bean Burger is how easy it is to whip up for a last minute dinner. It’s loaded with healthy, plant based protein to keep you fueled and satisfied. With minimal ingredients and gluten free options, it’s friendly to vegetarians and vegans alike. Everyone’s happy and well fed!
You can grill them up like a traditional burger or pan fry or bake them whatever works. I did think the grill gave them a nice taste and texture.
The first night I enjoyed the Eggplant & White Bean Burgers the traditional way-in a yummy bun with lettuce and tomato slices and the next day I made a “power bowl” of sorts loaded up with all kinds of hummus and a Kale slaw topped off with the burger. So delicious!
- 1 large eggplant-diced with skin on
- 1 can of white beans-drained & rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper-seeded
- 2 heads of garlic
- oregano, basil, salt & pepper to taste
- Squirt of Siracha
- 1 C Panko or gluten free bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with olive oil
- Roast eggplant & garlic with a little salt for 20 min until soft
- Remove from oven
- In a food processor add in jalapeno and garlic first to puree
- Add in eggplant and white beans and pulse until combined but not pureed
- You want to keep the texture
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add bread crumbs, seasoning and siracha & combine
- Form into "burgers"
- Grill for 5 min on each side or pan fry with olive oil
- Serve on a bun or in a wrap or salad
They would also be great in a wrap or for breakfast even. I may even try them in an Eggplant Parm version sometime. Ok now I am hungry again. They were so tasty I can’t wait to make them again!
What are some of your favorite veggies to make on the grill?