Happy Meatless Monday veggie loving friends! With Tina off on her honeymoon this month, I am welcoming Angela from Happy Fit Mama as my guest co host today. Let’s show her some love too! With all of the food involved in Thanksgiving and Holiday parties this time of year, I am trying to eat lighter whenever I can. One of the ways I love to fill up without the bulk is with lots of soups. Since the start of our Soup Club (read about it here) a few months back, I’ve been continuously trying to come up with new soup ideas. I think you are going to love this new Ratatouille Soup as much as I do.
A few weeks ago, I was making a traditional Ratatouille for my sister and I thought, “wouldn’t this be a great soup too?!” Yes indeed it is! With a few little tweaks, all the yummy veggie goodness of a Ratatouille in a soup. For most of my tomato based soups, I use V-8 juice as the base instead of just canned tomatoes. I find it gives much more flavor and adds in some more flavor and vitamins.
Even better, this is a throw everything in the Slow Cooker recipe. It is so easy and great for a weeknight dinner. Wait there’s more it’s vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and paleo so everyone is happy. 🙂
- 32 oz bottle of V-8 juice (any flavor)
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper or any combo-cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 cups of diced butternut squash
- 1 large green and yellow zucchini cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 32 oz chopped canned tomatoes
- basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- optional topping: shredded mozzarella
- Super easy throw all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Top with cheese if desired. Easy to freeze and take out on a busy night.