Happy Meatless Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family. If you hosted, as I did, I hope you’ve recovered! Whew it is a lot of work to host a big meal like Thanksgiving isn’t it? I really enjoy the cooking and the setting of the tables but those dishes and the clean up not so much. As Tina is off on her honeymoon this week, she has a couple of great guest posts lined up for you all. Let’s show her some love too!
We had a great combo of vegetarian and not so vegetarian dishes for our feast. It’s always hard to estimate just how much food to make isn’t it? I had a ton of Roasted Squash and Veggies left over and I couldn’t get rid of them. I ended up whipping up a Squash and Black Bean Quesadilla and it was so good I just had to share it with you today.
Basically, you can use any left over veggies you have. I threw in squash, broccoli, peppers and black beans. Any type of corn, flour or rice based tortilla works. Of course, topping it off with a little avocado and salsa is the way I roll.
- 1 C Roasted Squash
- 1 C Roasted Broccoli
- 1/2 C Black Beans
- 1 C green or red peppers
- 2 Tortillas (flour, corn or rice)
- 1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
- toppings: avocado and salsa
- Cut veggies into bite size or diced pieces
- Add to a skillet to warm up
- Spray tortillas with cooking spray and add to warm skillet to brown
- Top with Roasted Veggie mixture and beans
- Add cheese and second tortilla
- flip over
- Brown in skillet until cheese is melted
- Slice and serve with avocado & salsa garnish