Happy Meatless Monday! Wow this summer is just flying by isn’t it?! I can’t believe that we are well into July already. When it is this hot out, I like to eat something pretty light for dinner. I am trying to take advantage of the seasonal veggies as well. Today I am bringing you a twist on a recipe I did last fall. I created a crustless quiche made with spaghetti squash filled with zucchini, tomato & feta. It takes a little more time to prepare than my usual recipes but trust me, it’s worth it! I call it “Squiche”.
Please join Tina and I today to link up all of the great Meatless recipes. We hope you will share yours and check out some new ones as well.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 med zucchini-thinly sliced length wise
- 1 med tomato thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese (optional) chopped
- 2 tbl parm cheese
- pepper & garlic powder to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash length wise & remove seeds
- Place in a glass casserole dish (cut side down_
- fill with 1-2 inches of water and cover with plastic wrap
- microwave until squash is cooked about 12-14 min
- Scrape out squash & allow to drain out water on paper towel
- spray pie dish with cooking spray and press squash into dish
- sprinkle with parm cheese and pepper and bake for 45 min until crust hardens
- Remove from oven
- place zucchini strips into bottom
- whisk eggs & egg whites and pour on top
- place tomato slices and feta on top
- bake for 45 min or until set
- Cut into 3-4 servings
What I really love about this dish is that I can make it for dinner and eat it for breakfast or lunch the next day. It’s full of protein and very filling. My Squiche is vegetarian, low carb, Gluten free & can easily be made Paleo friendly by leaving out the cheese. You can really mix up the veggies based on what is in season. This has become one of my favorite dishes! Hope you enjoy it!
What do you think about my “Squiche”? Do anything cool with spaghetti squash?