Happy Meatless Monday! I have lots to cover today so lets go! As you may have heard me mention, I have been participating in the Lorna Jane Fit Challenge the past 2 months and loving it. I’ve been referencing her cookbook, Nourish, and re creating some of her recipes. Her philosophy is one that I truly embrace. Lorna Jane does not believe in “diets” but in nourishing your body from the inside by eating whole, healthy foods. That’s certainly a way of life that I am on board with. I’ve noticed I tend to turn to much of the same veggies week after week. What the Nourish book has done for me is encourage me to branch out and try new veggies. So this week, my new veggie is Collard Leaves. Sure I’ve had Collard greens before in soups and stews but never the raw, whole leaves.
I adopted my recipe today from the Nourish book and created a Spicy Tofu Veggie Collard Wrap. Surprisingly, Collard Leaves were easy to find right in my local grocery store. They don’t take any prep at all and can be transformed into a wrap in seconds. Collards are a nutritional powerhouse (see here) high in fiber, folates, Vitamins C, A & K as well as sources of calcium and Iron. Need I say more?
- 1 bunch of Collard leaves- washed, dried & kept whole
- 1 package of tofu-drained and cut into strips
- 1 cucumber-peeled and cut into strips
- 1 Red pepper-cleaned and cute into strips
- Micro greens or alfalfa sprouts
- cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar drizzle
- 2 tbl spoons Harissa mixed with 3 tbl water
- Saute tofu in Harissa/water until warmed and brown about 5 m
- Place collard leaves on counter to assemble as you would any “wrap”
- Fill with tofu, cucumber, pepper, greens
- Roll up leaves
- Drizzle with Balsamic and serve atop grain of your choice
Literally took just a few minutes to wrap this up. It would be a perfect take along lunch or healthy dinner. The stuffing combinations are endless. I also made them without tofu and used hummus for the protein. I’m kind of obsessed with them now! Hope you give them a go.
Tina and I are looking forward to all the great recipes you will share with us this week! Hope you will take the opportunity to visit some great blogs below.
Hope you will be joining me and 9 of my favorite blogger friends for our April “Rock Your Core” Challenge. It’s going to be huge! Look for all the details here tomorrow-challenge starts Wednesday hope to see you there. #RockYourCore