This Monday I decided to have a little fun with my post. With so many family members dropping in and out, the need to feed them can seem ever ending. I created this hearty salad full of powerhouse veggies sure enough to please all of your guests. Combining wild rice, Farro, squash, kale, walnuts & pumpkin seeds you’ve pretty much got every vitamin covered. Bonus: it’s Vegetarian, Gluten free & Vegan.
Please join Tina Muir and I as we link up with some great Holiday Meatless Monday dishes.
- 1 C Brown Wild Rice (prepare as directed)
- 1 C Farro (prepare as directed)
- 12 oz Butternut Squash-cubed
- 1 1/2 C Baby Kale-coarsely chopped (can sub spinach)
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Apple Cider vinegar
- 1/2 C Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 C dried Cranberries
- Prepare Farro & Wild rice as directed set aside
- Preheat oven to 375
- Roast squash with drizzle of Olive oil, salt & pepper until tender
- In a large bowl combine: Farro, Wild Rice, squash, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cranberries, and kale
- Drizzle on Olive oil and vinegar
- Season with kosher salt & pepper
- Serve room temp or chilled
This satisfying, healthy salad is sure to please whoever drops by this Holiday Season & also makes a great party dish. Hope you enjoy!
What’s on your Holiday Menu? Do you have lots of family visiting?