I’ve got a great Meatless Monday recipe for you all today. So please join Tina Muir and I to check out all of the fabulous link ups below.
We all know we are supposed to eat the so called “super foods” but how to fit them all into a balanced diet is the question. Well, wonder no more friends! I’ve combined them into one delicious, steamy, healthy bowl of soup. It’s “soup”er easy too! (Couldn’t resist that one). Perfect for a cool fall day and hearty enough to please the whole family.
- 1 onion chopped
- 20 oz package of Butternut Squash-diced
- 1 large Sweet Potato-skin on, diced
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of Black Beans-rinsed and drained
- 1 Red Pepper-diced
- 48 oz. V-8 juice (spicy or regular)
- 2 Cups of Kale-chopped
- 2/3 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Avocado
- Simply add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- Alternatively, add ingredients to a stock pot, bring to a boil reduce to simmer for 2 hours
- Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper
- Garnish with Avocado & serve