Thanks for joining Sarah and me for Meatless Monday today. Today’s recipe kind of came together as I was searching around in my fridge for something to make. Sometimes the best recipes happen that way right? I knew I wanted to do something with the great end of the summer eggplant I had lying around and thus these Spinach, Eggplant and White Bean Burgers were created.
These Spinach, Eggplant and White Bean burgers are vegan, dairy free and can be gluten free as well. Everyone is happy! Everyone will also be completely satisfied because these burgers were absolutely delicious and oh so filling.
Another reason why I love these Spinach, Eggplant and white bean burgers is that they are so versatile. The first night, I ate them as a traditional burger in a bun with some baked fries. I added a little fresh mozzarella to the top yum! The next day, I made a great power bowl with burger right in the middle. You could also roll the leftovers into a wrap and voila lunch!
They are really so easy to make ahead and use all week. Next time I think I will make a few into “meatballs” to use in pasta. MMM that sounds great doesn’t it? So let’s get right to it and tell you how easy it is to whip these up.
Spinach, Eggplant and White Bean Burgers
- 2 small Italian eggplants
- 2 Cups of fresh spinach
- 1 15 oz can of white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Cup of gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- handful of fresh basil or Tbl of dried basil
- Olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut eggplant into slices and place on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 min turning halfway through
- In a food processor add jalapeno, spinach and beans and pulse until combined
- Add in eggplant and pulse again
- Add mixture to large bowl and stir to combine
- Add bread crumbs and seasonings
- Heat a skillet with olive oil to medium high
- Shape mixture into patties (about 3/4 cup per burger)
- Cook until crispy and brown on each side about 6-8 min
- Serve on buns, in salad or bowls
Tell me: Favorite way to eat eggplant? Favorite veggie to sub into a burger?