You know I am all about breakfast lately! I am also all about meals that I can make ahead and enjoy for a few days. Today I am bringing you my take on a Vegetarian Breakfast Lasagna that will satisfy everyone at your house. It is perfect for everyday or for your holiday guests. This vegetarian breakfast lasagna is loaded with heart healthy eggs and protein to fill you up and keep you going all morning.
As a vegetarian, I am a big fan of eggs for breakfast. They provide a huge amount of protein and healthy fats that fuel my workouts and keep me full all morning. Oftentimes, I will also make something like this Vegetarian Breakfast lasagna for dinner and then eat it for breakfast for a few days.
I’ve used thinly sliced baking potatoes here for the “noodle” layer and added some vegetarian crumbles to add a hearty “meat like” consistency. If you were making this for non vegetarians, you could easily use another meat protein and it would work just as well.
I like to prep all of my ingredients and utensils before I start cooking. By the way, I am completely obsessed with these great Rachel Ray casserole dishes and now have them in 2 colors and sizes. I use them for everything!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 8 Eggsland Best Eggs extra large or jumbo
- splash of milk
- 2 cups of spinach-lightly sauteed
- 1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup of veggie crumbles
- salt, pepper, oregano to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Microwave potatoes for 3 minutes in order to soften up
- Cut potatoes into thin slices
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray or coat with olive oil
- Spoon a small amount of tomatoes into bottom of dish
- Add a single layer of potato
- follow with tomatoes
- 1/2 amount of spinach
- 1/3 of cheese
- repeat as you would a traditional lasagna
- on the top layer add veggie crumbles and chesse
- In a mixing bowl: whisk together eggs and spices with a splash of milk
- Pour eggs over top of layers
- Bake for about 40 minutes until eggs have solidified
- Let rest for 5 min before serving
- Can make in advance and warm up to serve
I thought it tasted even better the next day! You might even fool some meat eaters with this one. Hope you enjoy!
I am entering this recipe into a contest with Eggland’s Best eggs. I was not compensated in any way for this post and all the yummy ideas are my own as always.
Do you like breakfast casseroles? What do you think of using potatoes in this one?
Thanks for joining me and Sarah for Meatless Monday today!