Happy Meatless Monday! Today I am excited to share with you and easy Veggie Skillet Enchiladas recipe that you can whip up on a weeknight in right around 30 minutes. It’s Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday all in one! Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
You will need a good quality skillet that can go from the stove to the oven. This is one of my kitchen must haves for sure. You can find them on Amazon for around $15. It’s also helpful to coat the sides with a little olive oil to help with clean up. (affiliate link)
If you prep all your veggies beforehand and get everything ready to go you can whip up this delicious dinner in right around 30 minutes from start to finish. Using corn tortillas makes these Veggie Skillet Enchiladas naturally gluten free. For a vegan option, you can omit the cheese or replace with a vegan cheese.
What’s so great about this recipe? You can make the whole thing in one skillet right from the stove to oven to table in about 30 min. Plus this Veggie Skillet Enchilada is packed with beans and brown rice the perfect plant based protein combo. And if I haven’t convinced you yet-it’s delicious!
Even though this is Meatless Monday, you could easily add in another protein into these Veggie Skillet Enchiladas (just don’t tell anyone) 🙂
Veggie Skillet Enchiladas
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 Cups of sliced red or green peppers
- 6 ounces of spinach
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 Cups enchilada sauce
- 2 C cooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans-drained & rinsed
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-6 corn or flour tortillas
- Garnishes: avocado, sour cream and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use a large cast iron skillet and coat with olive oil
- On stove-heat skillet
- add in onions, peppers and jalapeno and saute 5-10 min
- add spinach, rice and beans to combine
- Remove the mixture and add into a large bowl
- Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce into skillet
- Fill each tortilla with veggie/rice mixture and return to skillet seam side down
- Depending on tortilla size you will have 4-6
- Pour remaining cup of enchilada sauce on top to cover
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake in skillet for 15 min and serve
Sarah (Awhisk and two wands) and I are so happy to have you join us for Meatless Monday. We hope you will check out some of the other great recipes here as well. Also linking up with The Fit Foodie Mama
What do you think of Meatless Monday and Taco Tuesday all in one?
Also linked up with Jenn @Because I’m cheap Sunday Blog hop