Welcome to Meatless Monday! I am so excited to welcome my new co host Sarah of A Whisk and Two Wands. You are all going to love Sarah’s very creative and delicious recipes. Please check out our new badge and add it to your posts to link up with us. We are going to rock 2016 with our veggie love this year!
The other day after a very cold run day, I was craving noodle soup. Ok I was really craving it the whole time I was running! A number of times I’ve gone to Pho restaurants hoping to indulge on some yummy soup only to find that they did not have a vegetarian broth available. Crazy huh?! I rummaged through my fridge and was able to assemble a hearty, healthy “Faux Pho” in under 30 minutes. I promise you it will not disappoint.
I prepped all of my veggies first and threw everything into one pot to simmer while I jumped in the shower. I used Soba noodles, however any noodle of your choice can work. The Soba noodles only needed to cook for 4 minutes so I made them separately and added them in right before serving. If you are not a soy eater, you can certainly leave that out. 30 minutes later my Faux Pho soup was ready and was everything I hoped for. I could honestly eat this everyday this winter.
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 head of bok choy
- 1 Cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 12 oz package of firm tofu-cubed
- 64 oz of vegetable broth low sodium
- 6 oz soba noodles
- 1 Tbl ginger chopped
- pepper & siracha to taste
- cook noodles according to package, rinse and set aside
- Chop all veggies into bite size pieces
- In a large stock pot add broth and all veggies and tofu
- add ginger, pepper and siracha
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 min
- add in noodles and serve
Also linking up with Jill for ITBF
I am all about the soups this winter! What’s your favorite?