Happy Meatless Monday everyone! Wow this has been a crazy busy week for me. How about you? Well I had the most fantastic Raisin Pumpkin Bread at the Canyon Ranch spa cafe in Las Vegas last weekend, I knew that I had to try to recreate it. I was really happy with how it came out and I hope you will be too!
With Tina away on her honeymoon, I have Christine from Love life surf guest hosting with me today. Please check out Tina’s blog and show her some love too.
Bursting with yummy raisins and moistened by apple sauce this Raisin Pumpkin Bread is sooooo good! I’ve really cut the sugar to make them even healthier. I love to make my breads in these little individual loaves instead of one large loaf or even muffins. They are the perfect size for a post workout snack or breakfast for my kids. Want one for yourself? Check here.
I bet you have most of the ingredients for this yummy Raisin and Pumpkin Bread right in your pantry.
- 3 tbl butter or substitute
- 1 3/4 C of flour of your choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg & allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 c of oil
- 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 C raisins
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice & cloves
- Beat butter, sugar, oil and apple sauce on high until light and fluffy
- Add pumpkin, eggs and mix
- On low speed add flour mixture slowly with 2/3 c of water and mix to combine
- stir in raisins
- Spray pan with cooking spray and evenly distribute.
- Bake for 25-28 min