Happy Meatless Monday friends! In my quest to eat more oatmeal, I’ve found that it makes great protein bars. Add in some peanut butter and even better! It’s like breakfast and dessert at the same time right?! Please join Tina and me to check out all of the great veggie creations this week.
I’ve seen so many recipes using powdered peanut butter the last few months but I had never tried it myself until recently. I was given some samples of Peanut Butter and Co’s Mighty Nut to test out this week. I wasn’t exactly sure what to do with it at first however adding Mighty Nut to these oatmeal bars was fabulous. Might Nut is great for baking and adding to smoothies or sauces. Much of the fat and calories are removed in the process and you are left with tons of protein and flavor. Hope you enjoy! And don’t worry, I am going to share! I have a giveaway at the bottom for a jar of the flavor of your choice of Mighty Nut.
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal bars are loaded with all the goodness of fall: cranberries, pumpkin seeds and oatmeal. There is no added sugar or artificial sweetener. You can’t beat that!
- 1 1/2 c steel cut oatmeal
- 1/4 c flax seed
- 1 c protein powder of your choice
- 3 tbl coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbl Mighty Nut original powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbl Mighty Nut chocolate powdered peanut buter
- 6 Tbl water
- 1/2 c dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325
- Add oatmeal, flax, protein powder & coconut oil to food processor & pulse until smooth
- Transfer to mixing bowl and add:
- eggs, apple sauce, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, pumpkin seeds, choc chips & cranberries stir to combine
- In a separate bowl mix Mighty Nut powders with approx 6 tbl of water and stir
- Adjust water amount to achieve pnb of a regular consistency & add to bowl & mix to combine
- Line a 9 x 13 dish with parchment paper
- Spread batter evenly into dish and bake for 23 min
- Remove and allow to cool before cutting into bars
- Can be frozen for later use
I’d love to share a jar of Mighty Nut with one of you! Enter below and let me know which flavor you would like: original, vanilla, chocolate or flax chia.
What would you make with Mighty Nut?
This post was sponsored by Mighty Nut and Sweat Pink however all thoughts and recipes are my own.