Happy October Meatless Monday lovers! To me October is the real start of fall and time to bring out the soups, stews, chilis and yes the pumpkin finally. For the next few months my crock pot will now rest on the counter inside of being stored away. I am so excited to share this Veggie Tortilla Soup & homemade healthy tortilla chips with you all today.
Please join Tina and I by sharing all of the great Meatless Monday recipes today. We can’t wait to see what you all bring too.
Why am I so excited about this Veggie Tortilla Soup today? This was my debut recipe for my new Soup Club!! I can’t wait to tell you all about the Soup Club and how it works but you will need to come back Friday to hear about it!
And everyone knows you can’t have a good Veggie Tortilla Soup without homemade Healthy Tortilla Chips right? They are so easy to make that you will never need to buy them again. Add on the avocado, cheese, sour cream & chips and you will not be disappointed. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free-got you all this time so jump in and enjoy a bowl.
The easiest way to make soups and chilis (in my opinion) is in the crock pot but this will work just as well in a stock pot. Coming home to the yummy smells that fill the house with these flavors and spices is amazing. Bonus it freezes “souper” well 🙂
- 1 red & 1 yellow pepper-cleaned & diced
- 2 garlic cloves-crushed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- handful of cilantro-minced
- 1 large zucchini-diced
- 4 C Veggie broth-low sodium
- 1 15 oz can black beans-rinsed
- 1 jalapeno diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tsp of chili powder
- pepper & salt to taste
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- avocado, sour cream, lime, tortilla chips, cheese
- For Tortilla chips:
- 32 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook at high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Top with desired garnish and serve.
- For tortilla chips:
- cut corn tortilla into strips or chip shape
- arrange in single layer on baking sheet
- Spray generously with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt
- bake at 375 for 10-15 min until crispy turning often