Happy Meatless Monday veggie lovers! Who is ready for some football?! Or maybe just some football food?
For some reason, I always eat way too much while watching football games! How about you? I realized that I could easily whip up a healthier version of one of my faves, nachos, and still feel completely satisfied. I always felt the chip was just a vehicle to get the good stuff into my mouth anyway so why not make it a veggie?! Enter Zucchini- that versatile veggie that is perfect for everything and makes a great nacho.
My boys (hubby and son) are huge Eagles fans so this one’s for them-Go Eagles!!
Please join Tina and I for this week’s Meatless Monday linkup. Let’s check out all the great recipes below and show some of the other bloggers some love too.
For me the toppings are the best part and the Zucchini makes a great “nacho chip”. I’ve thrown on all my faves: cheese, black beans, salsa, corn, tomato, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro and jalapenos of course! This is so easy to whip up and your guests will love it. You won’t even miss the chips!
While the Zucchini is cooking, it’s easy to arrange all the nacho toppings and have them ready to go. If possible keep zucchini nachos on a warming tray when serving.
- 2 Zucchini-sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 c of cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado-diced
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno-sliced
- 1 C black beans
- 1 C diced tomato
- 1 C corn (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbl sour cream
- handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 C shredded lettuce
- 3/4 C salsa
- Preheat oven to 375
- line baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray
- Arrange zucchini slices in a single layer, add salt & pepper & cooking spray
- Bake for approx 10 min until softened
- Arrange toppings while zucchini is cooking
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with half of cheese
- Return and bake until cheese is melted
- Arranged Zucchini on platter
- Top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, sour cream, salsa and lettuce
Favorite Nacho topping?? Watching any football?
(PS There is still time to enter my Skirt Sports Redemption Capri giveaway here)