Happy Meatless Monday! I am so excited to have my co-host Tina back with me today.
I couldn’t let summer slip away without just one more salad recipe. The peaches are so good this summer that I knew I wanted to do something with them. Today, I’ve changed up my usual cole slaw recipe and added in some wonderful grilled peaches. Amazing!! Hope you enjoy this Grilled Peach Summer Slaw.
Not only was this salad so easy to make, it is also:
- For the salad:
- 3 cups of shredded cabbage (red or green)
- 3 cups of broccoli slaw or shredded brussels sprouts
- 2-3 fresh peaches cut in half
- 3/4 C slivered almonds
- olive oil
- 1/4 c sesame oil
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pre heat grill and lightly brush peaches with olive oil to prevent sticking
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side to obtain grill marks
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Assemble salad in a large bowl adding almonds
- Combine sesame oil, vinegar & honey and drizzle over top of slaw
- Slice peaches and add on top
So simple yet so good! The perfect salad for the end of summer.
What do you like to do with Grilled Fruit?