With my goal race coming up this weekend, I’ve given lots of thought to my race day plans and anxiety (here) and some of the mistakes I’ve made in the past. I’ve actually done all of these things on my list at some point even though I knew it was a bad idea. Hope these tips help you avoid making some of the same mistakes I’ve made.
1. Do not try to cram in any missed workout from previous weeks
I have done this a few times. Not a good idea to go into your race sore and tired.
2. Do not try any new workouts
-Resist the urge to visit that cool new workout spot that just opened up.
3. Do not completely change your eating regimen or try new hydration or nutrition techniques
-They give out lots of sample at the race expo and this is not the time to try them!
4. Do not try to break in new shoes or try new workout clothes.
-Blisters and chafing are not good race day additions.
5. Do not completely second guess your whole training plan.
Oh yea been there done that too.
What Race Day mistakes have you made?