If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I’ve had a few foot issues the past 2 years. I have been working towards taking better care of my feet and during the summer this is even more important. Not only do I ramp up my training in the summer and put extra pressure on my feet, I also like to wear sandals that show off my feet.
I am sharing a few tips that help me keep my feet looking & feeling better all summer long.
1. Ditch the flip flops! Yes they are cute and easy to throw on but I’ve learned that wearing basic rubber flip flops are the worst for my feet. They have zero arch support and apparently cause numerous foot problems. I pretty much live in sneakers or Birkenstocks (which have a ton of support).
2. Stretch- I need to remember to stretch my feet before and after runs. It’s so easy for me to forget to do this but it really helps. My new favorite stretch toy is this Foot Log. It feels so good! I keep it under the table and roll on it while I type away on the computer. I often roll my foot on a frozen water bottle afterwards.
3. Moisturize- I use Aquaphor on my feet before bed. Applying a thick layer under my socks moisturizes my feet overnight and I wake up with much softer heels.
4. Pamper- I do enjoy a regular pedicure and it really helps to take care of the toe nails. In between, I often use this at home Foot Spa after long runs or bike rides. I put a little Epsom salt in and soak for about 15 minutes. Aaah!
5. Protect- Wear high quality socks while running and exercising. I preferred socks for working out are Balega’s. Super cushioned and have some added arch support. Bonus they have great colors.
I received a basket of these Kushyfoot products to try out recently. I love the toe less Yoga Socks! I am one of those people who slips on the yoga mat without socks and these have little grippers on the bottom. Plus I really don’t like to walk around barefoot at the yoga studio. They would also be great to wear to get a pedicure too.
I love heels but sadly they really just kill my feet. Sometimes you have to wear them for a party or a meeting. I was given a pair of these “flats on the go” that I can throw in my bag and switch with heels in seconds. I think they would be great for traveling too. I like to take my shoes off on a plane and socks don’t feel like enough protection. Lots of cute patterns too.
Here’s to happy summer feet!
(This post contains affiliate links)
What Foot Care Tips Do You Have For Me? Foot issues??
Linking up with Nicole