(Disclosure: This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone and should not be taken as medical advice #Caltrate3in1 #CollectiveBias)
Summer is my favorite time of the year! I’ve set some big goals this year and I am working to accomplish them. Currently, I am training for my upcoming triathlon and I am doing everything I can to stay healthy, uninjured, strong & ready for race day.
Now that I am in my mid forties (ugh) I have been thinking more and more about how important it is to keep myself healthy and strong so that I am able to continue doing all of the activities I love to do. There are a few things that I regularly do that help keep me moving forward.
1. Strength Training-My number one strategy to keep my bone & joint strength as I age is strength training. You will find me doing weight training and or kick boxing 3 times a week religiously.
2. Running- Of course! Running keeps me strong by providing great cardio and interval training. So whether I am running with my MRTT mamas, coaching my Girls on The Run team or just getting in my weekly miles, running keeps me strong.
3. Cross Training- I find I make huge fitness gains and improve my joint strength when I keep up with my cross training. Biking, swimming and yoga help me stay strong and feel great when I run. Also one of my favorite ways to socialize with friends. I can usually talk someone into joining me!
4. Sleep- Something I struggle with getting enough of but so important! I know I feel better and stronger when I get just a little more sleep.
5. Healthy Eating & vitamins- Probably the most important factor in my over all health and wellness. I love to cook (as you probably know) so I don’t usually get bored with food. I’ve been a vegetarian since childhood and have always focused on eating healthy vitamin packed foods to fuel my workouts and my active lifestyle. I strive to eat a well balanced diet full of veggies, fruits & protein. Sometimes, as a vegetarian, that can be challenging and require some extra vitamins to get everything in. I’ve been taking a multi vitamin and extra calcium/vitamin D tablets (like Caltrate Bone & Joint Health) for years now. I started taking them before pregnancy and kept them in my regimen ever since.
You can grab your own multi vitamins & Caltrate Bone & Joint Health at Walgreens plus find an in store instant coupon for $5 off and more savings here.
This is how I plan to stay strong and get to the next finish line.
How do you stay strong & confident so that you make it to the next finish line?