Happy Friday Fitness Friends! I took some liberties with the Friday Five topic today. Instead of 5 Fitness trends I would never try, I went with 5 Fitness Trends I’d Love to Try. Hey I will try almost anything once 🙂
1. Orange Theory– Everyone is raving about this and we now have one in my area. It’s a heart rate based, interval training class that uses treadmills, rowing machines and weights. Each workout is different and tailored to your own heart rate. Can’t believe I haven’t tried it yet. Honestly, it kind of scares me.
2. Yoga Hikes DC Combining the cardio of hiking and the benefits of yoga all in one in the beautiful outdoors of DC. 90 minute classes are held in Rock Creek Park. This sounds like it would be so much fun to do with friends or family. On my list for sure.
3. City Running Tours-I have always thought that the best way to see a new city is to run or walk through it. I’ve heard of people having amazing times getting to see a city through City Running tours. I think it would also be a great way to see my own city. As I live in the burbs, in Virginia, I actually do not run in DC very often-but I could! They do group and individual tours right now in 18 cities around the country.
4. Aerial Yoga- Ok so there is no way I would really be good at this but how cool does it look? I took some trapeze classes a few months ago and it was so much fun and scary at the same time. I’d love to try it sometime.
5. Podcasts-Ok so not a fitness trend per se but I have never listened to a podcast! I keep hearing about all of these great podcasts and I wouldn’t even know where to start. I imagine they can become addictive.
My goal is to check off a few of these over the next few months. Where to start?!
What fitness trends are you wanting to try? Have you tried anything on my list?
Happy to be linking up with my friends Courtney, Cynthia & Mar so please stop by and check out their blogs too. Have a great weekend!