It’s never too early to start feeling a little patriotic right? I may have missed flag day yesterday but I am way early for 4th of July! This is one of my favorite summer salads-hope you enjoy! I love the combination of the tart blueberries with the sweet pomegranate seeds and parm cheese offset by the balsamic yum!
Have you seen our new Meatless Monday badge? Please join Tina Muir and I to celebrate all of the veggie goodness today. Hope you will check out some of the other blogs in the link up and spread the love. You never know when you might find one you really like.
- 16 oz bag of Kale washed and chopped
- 1 c blueberries
- 1/2 c large pieces of Parmesean cheese
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 6 tbsp champagne vinegar or flavored balsamic
- 1 tbl honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash & chop kale and add to a large bowl
- combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt & pepper and pour over kale
- allow to soak in and soften kale for at least 1 hour
- Sprinkle on blueberries, pomegranate seeds and cheese
I am jetting off to Hawaii later this week with my family to celebrate my daughter’s graduation. Have no fear I have some great guest Meatless Monday hosts lined up for you- Meg Bollenback and Julie (Running in a skirt). I know they will do a fabulous job while I am sunning myself. So please tune in and check out their recipes the next 2 Mondays.
Kale salad? Love it or hate it? Only like to juice it?