Happy Meatless Monday friends! Sharing one of my favorite summer salads today which just happens to be perfect for 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day or any day ending in “Y”. I love the combination of the tart blueberries with the sweet pomegranate seeds and parm cheese offset by the balsamic vinegar. It’s so easy to whip up and packs a fabulous flavor punch.
Blueberries are in season and deliciously sweet right now. Pomegranate seeds add a fun crunch and pop of flavor the salad. Not sure if you like raw kale? Try “massaging” it with the olive and salt for a few minutes to soften it up a bit. Bring along this Red, white & Blue Kale salad to your next BBQ and it’s sure to be a hit.
- 16 oz bag of Kale washed and chopped
- 1 c blueberries
- 1/2 c large pieces of Parmesean cheese
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 6 tbsp champagne vinegar or flavored balsamic
- 1 tbl honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash & chop kale and add to a large bowl
- combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt & pepper and pour over kale
- allow to soak in and soften kale for at least 1 hour
- Sprinkle on blueberries, pomegranate seeds and cheese