Happy Meatless Monday friends! I am loving all of the fruits and veggies that are so fresh and yummy right now. I can’t wait to see what you all bring to link up this week. One of my all time favorite summer recipes is a Spicy Gazpacho. I whipped it up in no time at all and topped it off with some homemade croutons. Yummy Yum! Hope you will join Tina Muir and I for another week of our tasty link up. We have a fun new Meatless Monday button to add too! Feel free to download it and use it for next time.
Take a bowl of yummy goodness and in minutes go from this:
My secret ingredient in the Gazpacho is spicy V-8 juice. I use it as the base instead of tomato juice. It brings a great, healthy flavor and the spicy variety kicks it up a notch. I like the crunch of the mini cucumbers right now but any will work.
- 48 oz bottle of V-8 Spicy V-8 juice
- 6 mini cucumbers or 2 large
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 vidalia onion
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 lbs of fresh Campari tomatoes
- 2 C multi colored peppers
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices of day old Italian or Multigrain bread
- olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Working in batches add all ingredients to a food processor or blender
- Pulse until desired consistency is reached
- Transfer to bowl to combine
- Chill for at least 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350
- line a baking tray with foil
- Place bread slices and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & rosemary
- bake until crunchy about 10 m on each side
- crumble and sprinkle on soup before serving
I love no cook meals and this one does not disappoint! It’s vegetarian, vegan, GF, & Paleo whew I hit them all this week!
Favorite no cook meal? What are you loving this week?