Happy Meatless Monday and Happy June! Wow this month just flew by. My June is going to be crazy with graduations & travel. You will have to tune into our Ultimate Coffee Date Saturday to hear all about it. For today, hope you will join Tina Muir and I and check out all of the great veggie recipes this week.
I am loving all of the ripe, juicy summer fruits and veggies available right now. Sure strawberries are available all year round but they have been so juicy and sweet lately that my family is just plowing through them. I decided to create a fun, light and fruity dessert for you all this week.
You may have seen my post a few weeks ago where I mentioned a new product, BK Creamery Extra Thick Double Cream. Since I had some in my fridge, I wanted to see what I could make with it. If it were colder out, I would throw it into a soup or stew to make it more hearty. My kids were looking for some sort of fun, healthy dessert so we decided to make our own whipped cream with it. We added in a little vanilla and banana extract and boom this was delicious! The banana extract gave it a great flavor. Here’s what we came up with hope you enjoy as much as we did.
- For Banana whipped cream:
- 9 oz container of BK Creamery Extra Thick Double Cream
- 2 tbl sugar (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract
- For shortcake:
- 4 indiv sized sponge cake dessert shells (or larger cake cut into slices)
- 1 pint strawberries (washed & thinly sliced)
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl at high speed
- whip Extra Thick Double Cream for 2-3 min until light & fluffy
- Add in vanilla & banana extract to combine
- Chill for 30 min
- Assemble the shortcake
- Layer the sponge cake
- spoon in the whipped cream
- add strawberries
- repeat layer
- end with a sprinkle of chocolate chips
This was light, satisfying and only took minutes to whip up. Sometimes even this mother runner needs a little dessert! This definitely did the job!
You can print a coupon to try BK Creamery here
(This post was sponsored by BK Creamery & Sverve however the recipe and thoughts are my own)