Happy Memorial Day everyone! This weekend just screams salads and BBQ’s doesn’t it? I am heading over to my parents house later and I am taking this along. By request from Mary @ For The Health Of It, I came up with a kicked up, spicy Chipotle Cole Slaw with Siracha broccoli. Oh yeah I said Siracha broccoli! It is great on it’s own or topped with your favorite protein. It’s definitely spicy just the way I like it! You can tone it down by reducing the the amount of Chipotle slightly.
Please join Tina Muir and I for this week’s Meatless Monday. Looking forward to seeing all of the yummy eats this week.
I used a combo on traditional cole slaw (cabbage), broccoli slaw and shredded brussels sprouts which are all available ready to use at most grocery stores. That makes this slaw super easy to throw together. The Siracha broccoli really bumps it up a notch and the jicama gives it a nice little crunch too. Topped off with a sunflower & pumpkin seed sprinkle it’s full of flavor and texture. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 bag of each: cabbage slaw, broccoli slaw, shredded Brussels sprouts
- 6 oz cubed jicama
- 4 oz sprouted beans (combo of lentil, pea sprouts or adzuki beans) -optional
- ½ c sunflower seeds
- ½ c pumpkin seeds
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbl siracha
- ½ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ C Olive Oil
- 3-4 oz of Chipotle in Adobe sauce
- juice from ½ lime
- salt to taste
- Add slaw mix to large mixing bowl
- Toss broccoli with siracha and place on foil lined baking sheet
- Add pumpkin & sunflower seeds and roast together for 15 min on 350
- Meanwhile add jicama & sprouted beans to bowl
- Prepare dressing in blender or food processor:
- Puree vinegar, oil, chipotle and lime until smooth
- Add broccoli and seed mixture to bowl
- Toss with dressing & chill before serving