Confession…Ok I admit it-I am seriously high maintenance about my hair. I religiously schedule my hair appointments every 7 weeks and even have taken a few selfies with my hair guy. LOl.
I’ve always felt that my hair was an extension of my personality. Having a “good hair day” can have just as much of an impact as a “bad hair day” –am I right? So obviously taking care of my hair in the Summer months is essential. Here are a few of my Summer Hair Care tips.
1. Chlorine Care- I love to swim but do not love chlorine in my hair. Before jumping into the pool, I wet my hair with clean water and then comb in a thick conditioner before donning my swim cap. It won’t keep all the water out but will protect it from absorbing as much.
2. Sunscreen-We pay lots of attention to putting sunscreen on our bodies but often neglect our hair. The sun can do lots of damage to our scalp and hair especially if it’s colored. Yup not my real hair color! You can easily spray sunscreen into your hands and then run your fingers through your hair.
3. Lay off the heat-The extra heat from hair dryers and flat irons can really do a number of summer hair. If you can let it dry naturally a few times a week, your hair will thank you.
4. Loosen Up- Take care when putting your hair into elastic bands for your workouts. Yanking them out can break hair strands. Instead gently remove to protect your strands.
5. Choose wisely-There are lots of hair products out there and it’s important to read the labels to avoid extra chemicals. Many shampoos and conditioners have added vitamins and minerals to strengthen hair at the roots. Good hair products don’t have to be ridiculously expensive.
Which brings me to my Summer Hair Care Giveaway!
Puritan’s Pride generously sent me this basket of Hair Care Essentials. I’ve tested them all out and I will be sharing them all with you.
Coconut Oil Shampoo & Conditioner-This blend just oozes summer. The coconut smell is divine and it left my hair smelling like the beach and feeling clean.
Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner – With a clean fresh scent this shampoo & conditioner with added Vitamin E, Panthenol & Lecithin left my hair feeling silky and smooth. Using them on colored hair was not a problem.
Moroccan Argan Oil– With essential fatty acids and vitamin E a drop of this oil added to the ends of hair conditions without causing greasiness. A put a small amount in my hands at gently brush through my hair to give it a little shine and calm the fly away strands. Can also be used on your skin.
Coconut Oil- Amazing smelling moisturizer for skin and hair. I love to use it on my elbows.
Biotin- Known for promoting skin, hair and nail health & growth. I have not personally tried these. I think if my hair grew any faster I’d have to shave my legs 2x a day!
Puritan’s Pride has generously offered to award one of my readers with their own gift basket full of Summer Hair Care Essentials.
I’m teaming up with my friends FitnessMomWineCountry, BrieHemingway & Fitmamalove
to bring you a Summer Series featuring hair care this month, skin care in June & all things summer in July. You will want to hop over to their blogs as well so you don’t miss a thing! #SummerSeries #HairCare #PuritansPride
(Disclosure: I was provided with samples from Puritan’s Pride in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own)
What Hair Care Tips do you have? High or Low Maintenance Hair?
Linking up w Nicole