Hello Monday! What a weekend! I had an amazing time at Ragnar if you couldn’t tell by all my photos everywhere. I can’t wait to share all of my stories with you all this week so please tune back in tomorrow because today it’s Meatless Monday with Tina Muir.
I had completely forgotten all about this recipe for a while! It ‘s a take on a traditional Scampi dish using tofu, white wine, broccoli and mushrooms. Makes for a hearty vegetarian dish that’s easy to whip up on a weekday night. It’s great over top of your favorite pasta or rice.
- 1 block of extra firm organic tofu (drained & pressed)
- 1 egg-beaten
- 1 cup gf panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbl butter or substitute
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1-2 tbl chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- serve over pasta of your choice
- Drain and press tofu then cut into 8 triangles
- dunk 1 at a time into egg mixture then dip into panko-set aside
- In a large skillet-heat with olive oil to coat
- add tofu and brown on each side remove from pan and place on paper towel
- Add butter to pan with garlic and saute
- Add broth and seasonings
- Add broccoli and mushrooms and steam until tender
- Add tofu back in and simmer for 5 min
- Serve on top of pasta
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Keeping it short and sweet today because I am still half asleep. Looking forward to seeing all of your recipes.
Tofu Scampi-What do you think?
How was your Mother’s Day?