I kept seeing all of these fun posts about the Fabulous Fit Gear Swap hosted by Renee at Bendifulblog so I decided to jump in this month and give it try. Who doesn’t like to receive presents in the mail right?
I was matched up with Smitha from RunningwithSDMom. We have “met” a few times through our blogs but I didn’t really know much about her. She loves to run and run and run participating in tons of races every year in addition to spending time with her husband and 2 kids.
She enjoys going to the beach, reading and loves the color yellow. She also adores Honey Stinger products. I was on a search for something yellow to send her and came up with this tank:
I loved this Under Armor top with a lace backing and thought it would be great for running in the California summer weather. I also sent her a couple of Honey Stinger waffles-the strawberry sounded interesting. I also threw in one of these Road Runner Sports LED shoe cuffs. These seem to be very popular with the moms in our group and I am thinking about taking a set with me on the Ragnar race next week. They come in red and green lights. Can’t hurt to be a little more visible right?
I hope Smitha likes her new gear! I had lots of fun picking it out for her.
So what did she send me?
Such a cute tank! I love wearing purple and I know I will match this up with so many of my skirts and capri pants. I’ve been wanting to try out the Honey Stinger gels to see if they would work for me for Ragnar. I really like the consistency and the flavor is pretty mild. Win in my book! The Skratch was new to me as well. I’d like to try a few more flavors before making up my mind on the taste.
I found a variety pack of the Honey Stinger gels on Amazon (affiliate link) so I could test them all out. Pink Lemonade yum!
This was fun to do! I’d certainly participate again. I enjoyed getting to know Smitha a little more. Thanks again Smitha for all the great Fit gear! Love it 🙂 And thank you Renee for hosting.
Want to get in on the fun next month?
So how does it work?
- Each month you can sign up for the gear swap. You will be matched with another swapper. You will purchase $20 worth of gear that you think your swapper would like. (if they are into YOGA DO NOT buy them Crossfit gear, please) It’s a great way to share your favorite items with people who are also interested in great gear.
- You MUST sign up through the form by the 5th of the month, and agree to ship your gear out by the 15th of the month.
- You will email your match and get an idea of their workout gear likes and dislikes, ask for sizing if you plan to look for apparel, no one wants gear that doesn’t fit.
- The Best part YOU will also receive a package each month from your match!
- Get great gear and meet some new friends throughout the month.
- CURRENTLY ONLY open to people in the United States.
- On the last day of the month, you can share (Blog, tweet, facebook, instagram) your new fit gear with the hashtag #fabulousfitgear
- There will be a blog link up at Bendifulblog.com for all the blog posts!
Head on over to Bendifulblog and check out all the #FabulousFitGearSwaps
Have you ever done a gear swap? What do you think?
Reminder: The May Ultimate Coffee Date Link up is this Saturday, May 2 would love for you to join us!
linking up with Nicole too