Happy Friday! I am taking some liberties with the “Friday Five” today and going off topic. I saw on the news this week that The FBI is reinstating “Fitness Tests” for it’s agents. Apparently, like the rest of America, it seems some of The FBI might need a little “toning up”. So…I thought it would be fun to see if I could pass the tests…
(These are based on the minimum requirements for women aged 20-29 separated by 5 min breaks ) source
1. 32 Sit ups without stopping
Check √ Piece of cake
2. 29 Push Ups without stopping
3. Run 1.5 miles in under 15:05
That’s right around a 10 minute mile so √ got that!
4. Run 300 M in less than 71 seconds
This I could do if I only had to do it once. √
5. I am sure there is some sort of background check
Lol hmm that might be the deal breaker!
The requirements drop off slightly for those over 29 yrs.
For men aged 20-29, the requirements are:
- 38 sit-ups without stopping
- 29 push-ups without stopping
- Run 300 m in less than 59 seconds
- Run 1.5 miles in 12.29 minutes
- These benchmarks are nowhere those needed for SWAT teams, Navy Seals or special Ops teams
I see all the crazy, incredible things all of you do everyday-maybe the FBI needs to expand their recruiting. I am thinking, hey maybe I should apply because I really think the FBI might need a few fit, suburban moms in their mid 40’s. What do you think? With me?
Think you can pass the test? What other fitness bench marks should they add?
How are you doing with week 2 of #RockYourCore?